Wednesday, February 17, 2010

Alaska

A few things I learned while in Anchorage, Alaska for 28 hours...
(photo found here)
1. powdered coffee creamer IS NOT the same as liquid coffee creamer

2. don't worry about booking your flight early - there are only 10 people on the plane

3. the Sheraton hotel may or may not give you the room key to a room they gave to the person in line before you...

4. Thursday Night Fights is the place to be and be seen...(oh! look - they even have a MySpace http://www.myspace.com/thursdaynightfights)

5. no one visits for downtown Anchorage - stick to the mountains...

6. the rental car company doesn't have real cars, so they give you a red Chevy HHR for you and your 3 co-workers

I actually had a great experience and learned a lot on my first official business trip. The view from the plane was gorgeous and I hope to go back one day to explore the beautiful surroundings.

1 comment:

  1. A little jealous of your trip because my husband and I have talked about going up there for years now! Sounds like you had a trip to remember :)

    ReplyDelete