Friday, January 15, 2010

inspirational reading.

I'm currently reading The Year of Living Biblically by A.J. Jacobs. The book is about his quest to live the Bible as literally as possible for one year. When I first heard about this book, I was so intrigued and knew I had to read it. This is not particularly a religious book in any means. If I could re-title it, I would call it - The Rules of the Bible Spelled out for the Average Person (more or less). Although, mostly comedic, the book has really made me think about who I am and the type of person I want to be. He talks about famous passages in the Bible, but also about tons of passages I have never heard before. I'm currently half-way through the book, but I love how he has taken life-lessons and incorporated them with his personality and humor. Two "rules" I am working on within myself right now are 1. not to be jealous of others and 2. not to be judgemental. I really want to live my life for me and my friends and family, and not let people I don't like get me down. I want to learn to not be affected by people/things I don't like and understand that we aren't all the same and I may not like some people and they may not like me, and that's OK.

No comments:

Post a Comment