Friday, January 1, 2010
Happy New Year!!
I began writing a post about my new years resolutions and got to thinking about my "flaws." In short, my resolutions are 1. to get out bed when my alarm goes off in the morning and not snooze for 40 min and therefore be late to work and 2. to not get so exasperated with people so easily (especially my mom and kenny). The first resolution mostly has to do with the fact that I LOVE sleeping and being in my bed. It is the second one that really got me thinking. My mom has always said to me that I only want to be loving when I'm in the mood. I have always denied this, but it could not be more true. I love talking to people and I love spending time with my friends and family, but only when I am in the mood. If someone asks me a question that I don't want to talk about or I am simply not in the mood to chat, I am very short and I get aggravated. I don't want to be mean and I never want to be a rude person, but this is how it can come off. I am the same way with cuddling. I love snuggling with Kenny and sitting on his lap and hugging, but if he wants to do any of these things when I don't want to, I immediatly get annoyed and feel clostrophobic. Does this make me a bad person? I'm worried that my friends and collegues will not want to talk to me in fear of not knowing if I will be chatty or short and untalkative. I have been working on this resolution for the past year, but it definitely needs to be carried over another year. How about you? Do you have a personality trait that you fear might come off wrong to others? Do you feel that sometimes you are giving off a bad impression when those aren't your intentions?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment